Sunday, July 15, 2007

My jumbled head...

A friend casually asks: What's on your mind lately? Well,, not exactly an easy question to answer. I'm at a juncture in my life where I feel a driving desire to make sense of it all. As a Christian, I can look to God for such enlightenment (and I do), but as a living, breathing, thinking mortal man, I feel compelled to twist, turn, and rotate the proverbial Rubik's cube that resides in my head until every side contains the same color squares. Will this self-actualizing resolution ever actually happen for me? I doubt it. But that doesn't mean I can't continue to try. Beyond identification of specific aspects of life that create fulfillment, peace, joy,,, etc., this is my attempt at defining what life is.

Life: A futile attempt to avoid regret.

As we age, we grow to learn about all the reasons why we shouldn't have made the decisions we made earlier in life--certainly not to say that we won't make more bad decisions in the future, but hopefully not the same bad decisions that were previously made. That is all that one can realistically hope to do over the course of a lifetime.

No comments: